We are seeking artists for upcoming performances, workshops of new plays in development, and for in-school workshops
Our Co-Artistic Directors Tracy Carroll and Corben Kushneryk welcome artists they know and whom we have not yet met to submit their most up-to-date C.V. and headshot throughout the year. We also meet and audition people each Spring at General Auditions. Please read over our requirements carefully before submitting yourself for an audition or meeting at Concrete Theatre.
Requirements for General Auditions
- Two contrasting contemporary monologues, one of which is Canadian. Total time: 5 minutes.
- Concrete Theatre attended Emerge 2023 auditions, so if you participated, please do not apply for an audition as we will be doing specific call backs for people we are interested in seeing.
- Artistic Directors will have digital copies of headshots and resumes. Hard copies are not required.
- Upcoming Dates: General Auditions May 30 & 31, 2023
- Please e-mail Heather Cornick in the Concrete Theatre office at email@example.com to submit yourself for consideration for a 15-minute slot
- Priority will be given to CAEA members
The Playhouse, 102, 10033 – 80 Avenue NW, Edmonton
Concrete Theatre is a professional theatre company with a mandate to produce artistically excellent, relevant, and culturally diverse theatre for young people and their families. Our critically acclaimed, award winning productions include: Consent; The Antyssey; Under Cover; The Early Bloomer; The Shape of a Girl; The Incredible Adventures of Mary Jane Mosquito; Lig & Bittle and Are We There Yet?
Our most recent offerings include a tour of CTRL-ALT-DEL and our interactive program ARC: Anti-Racism and Change. We tour to schools in Edmonton and across Alberta, have toured nationally and produce the annual Sprouts New Play Festival for Kids each Spring.
Find a full history our company here: https://www.concretetheatre.ca/about/history-of-concrete-theatre/
Concrete Theatre is a member of the Professional Association of Canadian Theatres (PACT) and engages, under the terms of the Canadian Theatre Agreement, professional artists who are members of Canadian Actors’ Equity Association.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our audition space, The Playhouse, is wheelchair accessible, and offers a gender-inclusive and wheelchair-accessible washroom.
If there are any accessibility obstacles (language, disability, or any other considerations) please let us know and we will work with you to overcome them. We actively encourage applications from artists who self-identify as members of historically excluded communities. For Concrete Theatre’s policy on Anti-Racism/ Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Justice, please visit: https://www.concretetheatre.ca/what-we-believe/