Our Artistic Director Mieko Ouchi and Artistic Associate Caroline Howarth welcome artists they know and whom we have not yet met to submit their most up-to-date C.V. and headshot throughout the year. We also meet and audition people each Spring at General Auditions. Please read over our requirements carefully before submitting yourself for an audition or meeting at Concrete Theatre.
Requirements for general auditions
- Two contrasting contemporary monologues, one of which is Canadian. Total time: 10 minutes.
- You may be asked to do a cold reading.
- Please bring a printed hard copy of your current headshot and resume.
- Concrete Theatre attends Emerge each year in Alberta, so please do not sign up for an audition if you participated this year, unless you are being specifically called back by the Artistic Director.
- Thursday May 7 and Friday May 8, 2020
- Please e-mail Heather Cornick in the Concrete Theatre office at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit yourself for consideration for a 20-minute slot.
- Priority will be given to Equity members and Equity registered Apprentices.
Concrete Theatre’s office is at: 102, 10033 – 80 Avenue in Edmonton. We hold our auditions in the Playhouse, our main rehearsal space on the main floor.
Artists who are members of the Canadian Actors Equity Association will be given audition priority. Artists who are not members will be seen when and if spaces are available. Concrete Theatre is a member of the Professional Association of Canadian Theatres, and operates within the jurisdiction of the Canadian Theatre Agreement. Actors cast in any production, whether members of CAEA or not, will be engaged under a CTA contract.
Diversity and inclusion
Our audition space, The Playhouse, is wheelchair accessible, and offers a gender-inclusive and wheelchair-accessible washroom.
Concrete Theatre strongly encourages submissions from performers who self-identify as members of under-represented communities. If there are any accessibility obstacles (language, disability, or any other considerations) please let us know and we will work with you to overcome them.